[U-Boot] Mvbge driver broken on kirkwood platforms after ARM relocation

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Wed Oct 6 15:54:37 CEST 2010

Le 06/10/2010 15:30, Wolfgang Denk a écrit :
> Dear Prafulla Wadaskar,
>
> In message<F766E4F80769BD478052FB6533FA745D19A69E25C8 at SC-VEXCH4.marvell.com>  you wrote:
>>
>> After rebasing to new ARM relocation code base and updating Kirkwood board support.
>> I am unable to get my network driver through (mvgbe)
>>
>> Have you tested this on edminv2 platform?
>> If it is working at your end? Can you please cross check the same with Kirkwood platform?

I am positive that mvgbe driver works, because it initially did not on
my edminiv2, and I traced the root cause to gd being trashed between
board_init_f and board_init_r; that was fixed before I submitted this patch.

I will test on the openrd platform.

> Try running the "dcache off" command before accessing the network and
> see if this changes anything.

Good suggestion. FTR, I did all of my tests with dcache off only --
never tried to activate any cache.

> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk

Amicalement,