[U-Boot] Mvbge driver broken on kirkwood platforms after ARM relocation

Prafulla Wadaskar prafulla at marvell.com
Wed Oct 6 16:14:44 CEST 2010

Hi Albert

I tried with Gcc ver 4.1.2 (Red Hat 4.1.2-33.fa1) and gcc ver 4.4.1 (Sourcery G++ Lite 2009q3-68)
In both the cases it fails.

Further I debugged the issue and found that- it fails in drivers/net/mvgbe.c at mvgbe_send() in while loop.
It is clear that the Scheduled tx DMA xter is not getting completed, nor reporting error.

Then I checked with other board having switch instead of phy, and it works !!.

Whereas any release earlier to ARM relocation patches works very well (i.e. diff against u-boot-marvell.git/master and u-boot-arm.git)

So I am unable to figure out whom to address?

For me this happened since I moved to new ARM relocation code base. So initial doubt goes there.

If you have openrd_base you can give a try

Regards..
Prafulla . .