[U-Boot] Crash in env_relocate_spec() of env_mmc.c

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Fri Oct 8 09:53:52 CEST 2010

Steve Sakoman wrote:
Hi Steve,

> I've been attempting to get the OMAP4 boards working post the ARM
> relocation changes.
>
> Panda was simple.  The OMAP4430SDP is proving to be more challenging,
> as it freezes after printing the DRAM size message.
>
> Adding a few printfs revealed that the crash occurs in env_mmc.c's
> env_relocate_spec() routine.
>
> Has anyone else run into this issue?  Any advice?

I tested, I can see the same issue. The main problem is that
mmc_initialize is not called before mmc_init() in arch/arm/lib/board.c
if relocation is active. In start_armboot it is called before.

The second problem I see is that env_relocate_spec should call
env_import() as already done by other environment (I checked with env_nand).

I can send a patch that at least on my target solves the problem. Could
you test it ?

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de