[U-Boot] framebuffer and video on mx51 babbage

T.J. Staley tucanoj at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 20:04:01 CEST 2010

Hello,

I'm trying to enable framebuffer support to produce a splash image in u-boot
for a custom image I want displayed.  The idea, for now, is to simply
display the splash image to a monitor running off the DVI port on the
babbage.  I'm fairly new to all things u-boot, just started digging through
the docs and source as of yesterday, so I was hoping someone could point me
in the right direction.

Looking at the README it seems I can enable splash screen and video support
with a define in /include/configs/mx51_bbg.h (working with Freescale's BSP).

It builds with with the '#define CONFIG_SPLASH_SCREEN', but when I include
CONFIG_VIDEO it bombs due to an undefined reference (drv_video_init) which
I'm not backtracking.

Again, very new to all things u-boot, and just hoping to get a bump in the
right direction from someone a little more familiar.