[U-Boot] new uboot with relocation change cannot boot when download the bin file to different address than TEXT_BASE

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Sat Oct 9 11:23:45 CEST 2010

Le 09/10/2010 11:08, Lei Wen a écrit :

> Ok, I know what the difference between our opinion now...
> You means the uboot should always loaded to TEXT_BASE(for nand case,
> as you said).
> So when we run to board_init_f, we don't need any relocation.
>
> I am just feel put the code arrange like this would lose a good
> feature as original, tftp the uboot to
> a different place and use the go command to debug it.

This does not lose said feature. You can still disable relocation
altogether by defining CONFIG_SKIP_RELOCATE_UBOOT (watch out then;
you're responsible for linking u-boot for its intended *final* location).

> Another question here, why the original implementation now call as
> CONFIG_SYS_ARM_WITHOUT_RELOC?

Means "this ARM build is without relocation", which is what the option does.

> I think CONFIG_SYS_ARM_WITH_RELOC is correct, for it do the relocation
> at the very begining. :-p

Read the code carefully. You'll see that the old code is used when
CONFIG_SYS_ARM_WITHOUT_RELOC is defined, and the new (reloc) code used
when CONFIG_SYS_ARM_WITHOUT_RELOC is not define.

> Best regards,
> Lei

Amicalement,
--