[U-Boot] framebuffer and video on mx51 babbage

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Sat Oct 9 13:06:56 CEST 2010

T.J. Staley wrote:
> Hi Stefano,

Hi Jacob,

> Thanks for the feedback.  I'll contact Freescale to see if there is
> anything in the pipeline as far as the support I was looking for.

Ok, let see if they have something newer.

> Judging by your response you seem to be significantly further in the
> endeavor of bringing this functionality to the mx51evk (thanks for the
> correction).  I'm just starting to get my head around u-boot and the
> board, but if I can lend a helping hand please let me know.  I would
> hate to reinvent a wheel that just needs some final touches, and of
> course anything I might contribute would be released.

At the moment, the mx51evk is not yet ported to the last u-boot release,
where relocation takes place even for ARM - so you get an error if you
try to compile with the last release. I have not a board at the moment,
but I think I can have it for some time very soon to make the required
changes. No surprise if (as other ARM based boards) if the imx51evk does
not compile at the moment.

> I'm very interested in those patches, regardless of their state.  If
> there is anyway you can get those out that would be very appreciated.

Patches will be sent, as usual, to the ML for review. Then everyone can
take them and, if it is possible, test them and send feedback.

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de