[U-Boot] U-boot hangs at command prompt if unattended for sometime (30 seconds)

StephenPaulraj Chinnadurai-ERS,HCLTech stephenpaulrajc at hcl.com
Tue Oct 12 18:12:00 CEST 2010

----Original Message-----
From: Marek Vasut [mailto:marek.vasut at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2010 1:50 PM
To: StephenPaulraj Chinnadurai-ERS,HCLTech
Cc: u-boot at lists.denx.de
Subject: Re: U-boot hangs at command prompt if unattended for sometime (30 seconds)

Dne Út 5. října 2010 05:11:45 StephenPaulraj Chinnadurai-ERS,HCLTech napsal(a):
> Hi Marek,
>
> I have modified the Voipac PXA270 u-boot source code for my customized
> board. Everything is working fine except suspend/resume. When in u-boot
> prompt, if unattended for some time (30 seconds), the u-boot hangs. The
> u-boot is not taking any input from the keyboard, the only way to resume
> the u-boot is through controller reset.

Does the CPU hang? or does it end in some other than svc mode ? or what ?
U-boot didn't display the exception, fiq or irq messages. I think the controller goes into sleep mode.

> Which part of the u-boot source code I should concentrate/modify to come of
> this issue?

Hardware ...
The PXA270 controller is connected to the TPS65021 power management IC. Is there any possibility the TPS65021 IC will place the PXA270 in sleep mode.

But I wonder, when I engage the u-boot by:
1. downloading 50MB files through tftp
2. copying the 50MB files from SDRAM to Flash

which take more than 5 minutes the u-boot is not going to sleep but only when kept idle for 30 seconds it is going to sleep.

Is it going to sleep mode or it is some other problem? How to debug it ?