[U-Boot] ppc, flash init on mpc8247, Unknown FLASH on Bank 0

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Oct 13 08:02:27 CEST 2010

Dear "wind_embedded",

In message <000001cb6a92$34979570$a744fea9 at E43A> you wrote:

>    Before I use VxWorks, it works fine. When I port u-boot, my project
> based on IDS8247. I changed configuration in IDS8247.h and updated
> flash.c, after I compiled u-boot, I burned u-boot.bin into AM29LV040B.
> Console output(DEBUG is defined):

You must never copy any code without trying to understand it. When
adapting code from another board, you need to understand not only your
own hardware in detail, but also the hardware you are copying from.

In your case, you should not use the old flash driver in flash.c at
all. Remove that file, and use the CFI flash driver instead.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
You don't have to stay up nights to succeed; you have to  stay  awake
days.