[U-Boot] ppc, flash init on mpc8247, Unknown FLASH on Bank 0

Graeme Russ graeme.russ at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 10:27:14 CEST 2010

On Wednesday, October 13, 2010, wind_embedded <wind_embedded at sina.com> wrote:
>> Hello:
>>

> Oh, I use u-boot-1.1.4 or u-boot-1.2.0, I have compared them with the latest version, there is little difference.
> I port AM29lV0404B driver on VxWorks into u-boot, AM29lV0404B driver on VxWorks works fine!
>
> Best regard

A few points:

Is the VxWorks driver GPL compatible? If not, you cannot legally
distribute your version of U-Boot (private in-house use only)

There is massive differences between 1.2.0 and current mainline

Why bother porting a proprietary driver and risk legal complications
when mainline supports your flash using the CFI driver?

Download the latest U-Boot and have a look at the eNET board for
getting your flash working

Regards

Graeme