[U-Boot] uboot imx31 nand boot

Nico van Wyk nico.vanwyk at dev.za.becker-mining.com
Thu Oct 14 12:17:00 CEST 2010

Good Day

I am planning on using uboot to boot linux on the imx31.

The system will be booting from nandflash( making use of micron nand flash using the quasi standard protocol)

I would like to know if i need to create a 1st stage bootloader that executes from the 1st 2k of nandflash that will boot uboot or if
uboot is able to do this (via the nand spl).

If uboot is capable of doing this how do i go about setting up (compile time options) for this or point me to some documentation?

Thank you.
Nico Van Wyk.