[U-Boot] MPC8377: SVR wrong ?

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Mon Oct 18 17:17:25 CEST 2010

André Schwarz wrote:
> It's a hardware issue - the 837x are distinguished by ID Pins.
> Unfortunately they are buried within the listing of power pins and are
> not named exclusively ... bloody documentation.

I can't talk about the MPC8377CVRALG specifically, but using pin configs to
change the ID of the chip is not unusual.  A dip switch setting on the P1022DS
board will change the P1022 into a P1013, and the SVR will change accordingly.

Perhaps your pin config is not set to the "default" for the chip you ordered,
which is why it looks like a different chip?

--
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale