[U-Boot] mx51evk build failure

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Tue Oct 19 13:07:21 CEST 2010

On 10/19/2010 12:50 PM, Loïc Minier wrote:
>         Hey there
>
>  I'm following the u-boot list and see that some mx5 changes are being
>  pushed regularly to u-boot.git master, but the board doesn't build for
>  me (make CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi- mrproper mx51evk_config +
>  make CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi- all), it fails with board.c:459:
>  error: ‘CONFIG_SYS_SDRAM_BASE’ undeclared; I guess this is because the
>  board needs porting to the relocation changes?

Yes. I have at least a patch that fix the compiling issues and I could
test on a 2.5 board. However, it sets still
CONFIG_SYS_ARM_WITHOUT_RELOC. Hoever, it is ugly that the board does not
compile, and I weill send in anyway the patch to the ML.

>  I just wonder how the various patches related to mx5 get built; do you
>  revert the relocation changes locally as a workaround before build?

No. There is a second MX5 board in mainline, that I used for testing.

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de