[U-Boot] commit "powerpc: Remove warm reset entry point" does not work on mpc83xx

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Oct 19 23:13:59 CEST 2010

Dear Joakim Tjernlund,

In message <OF7EBFC833.2F0E9C3D-ONC12577C1.00737E7A-C12577C1.0073EC18 at transmode.se> you wrote:

> There is one thing though: At address 0x100(and 0x110) we have a
> branch to where the boot is really located. This is because
> we have small sectors in the beginning of the flash and we want to
> use those as environment etc.

Why don't you use the rest of this sector for code? All you need to do
is adapt the linker script a bit...

Without that - where is your exception handler code? This is supposed
to be there, too...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The management question ... is not _whether_ to build a pilot  system
and  throw  it away. You _will_ do that. The only question is whether
to plan in advance to build a throwaway, or to promise to deliver the
throwaway to customers.       - Fred Brooks, "The Mythical Man Month"