[U-Boot] [RFC/PATCH] Makefile: allow boards to check file size limits

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Wed Oct 20 07:16:46 CEST 2010

On Wednesday, October 20, 2010 00:38:08 Vaibhav Bedia wrote:

please do not top post

> The size of other sections like the bss section also need to be accounted
> for when doing a size check.

that really cannot be checked at compile time.  it certainly cannot be done
easily or with a few lines of shell code.

> Insufficient space for bss when doing something like a MMC read which
> requires large buffers causes system hangs for no apparent reason.

that doesnt make much sense.  bss is statically allocated.  either it exists,
or it doesnt.  if bss doesnt work, your system/build is fundamentally screwed.
either way, none of this is related to my patch.
-mike