[U-Boot] Notification in Malloc

Kostaras Nikolaos nkost at intracomdefense.com
Wed Oct 20 10:08:43 CEST 2010

Hi,

During some tests with the u-boot-2010.09 source release, I discovered that
when invoking malloc with size 0, the code proceeds and corrupts the malloc
structures, thus totally breaking the malloc invocations from then on
(malloc
will always fail after that). The cause of my problem was a burned flash
chip,
that returned 0 in regions, in the "cfi_mtd_set_erasesize" call. My
solution was
to modify the first check of malloc, in order not to freeze when there
was an
error on the requested space. New condition includes the equal as well
as the less:

                    if ((long)bytes <= 0) return 0;

This seems to fix the problems, after the malloc invocation with size 0.
If there is
another way to deal with this, plz keep me posted.

Thanks,
Nik