[U-Boot] ELF_RELOC causes strange I-cache issues

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Thu Oct 21 13:52:17 CEST 2010

On 10/21/2010 01:45 PM, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Albert,
>
> In message <20101021113605.A85D61359B7 at gemini.denx.de> I wrote:
>>
>> With this patch all problems go away, too:
>
> Don't count your chickens before they are hatched.
>
> After 8 transfers of 65536 it hung again...
>
> So not solved, but much, much better...

I have tested too, and I cannot see rather a real improvement. Sometimes
it hangs after the first attempt, sometimes I need some time (but as
Wolfgang reports, only a few..) to get into trouble.

I can confirm Heiko's test and the board works flawlessy flushing the
cache inside the handshake() routine. Howeever, it seems this solves
issue with usb, but maybe we get the same strange behavior with another
driver...

Best regards,
Stefano

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de