[U-Boot] 36-bits U-Boot

Leif Sörman leif.sorman at enea.com
Fri Oct 22 12:57:36 CEST 2010

I want to have ram memory above 4G on a freescale p4080 board since I want to test that 36-bits physical addressing is working, my board has two 2G dimm mounted.

The standard 32-bits u-boot on the board says that it can only handle memory less than 4G.

I have managed to flashed a 36-bits u-boot to the board and now I realized that the 36-bits u-boot

put the two gigs memory below 4G.

Is it possible to change something in u-boot so it put one of the memory device above 4G?

I think a better solution for me would be to replace the two memory devices with two 4 gigs devices.

Does u-boot support larger devices?

Maybe it's only to put the larger memory in and everything works.

/Leif

Leif Sörman
Software Engineer
R&D OSE Labs Core
Enea
Skalholtsgatan 9,
Box 1033, SE-164 21 Kista, Sweden
Direct: +46 8 5071 4218
Mobile: +46 70 971 4218
leif.sorman at enea.com
www.enea.com

This message, including attachments, is CONFIDENTIAL. It may also be privileged or otherwise protected by law. If you received this email by mistake please let us know by reply and then delete it from your system; you should not copy it or disclose its contents to anyone.