[U-Boot] ELF_RELOC causes strange I-cache issues

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Oct 22 15:28:05 CEST 2010

Dear Albert ARIBAUD,

In message <4CC18F4C.4090900 at free.fr> you wrote:

> Good! Out of curiosity, is this timing inevitable or is there a way to
> turn it into a wait loop (plus a timeout for security)?

Well, maybe one could wait - the problem at this time is that we have
not the slightest idea what we should actually wait for :-(

> We'll probably see more of these with the increased use of i-cache and
> d-cache on ARM.

I am afraid you are right ;-)

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Today's robots are very primitive, capable of understanding  only  a
few  simple  instructions  such  as 'go left', 'go right', and 'build
car'."                                                  - John Sladek