[U-Boot] u-boot text console

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Oct 26 21:08:23 CEST 2010

Dear Kallol Biswas,

In message <AANLkTinaaXEgVJxa2UNFu262efQo=tr9LrYwXAnaTq4U at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

>    I have a customer request to build BIOS like user interface(UI) for
> u-boot over serial port? Something like text console with tabs on the
> top.
> Each tab will have sub-items just like BIOS.
>
> This is for a PPC platform.
>
> Is there any existing software/code base that can be used?

The OpenMoko port had a menu implementation which could be reused.
Alternatively, similar code has recently been added to BareBox;
adapting this should be not too difficult either.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Punishment becomes ineffective after a certain point. Men become  in-
sensitive.
	-- Eneg, "Patterns of Force", stardate 2534.7