[U-Boot] SPI on PPC MPC85xx

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Wed Oct 27 10:02:31 CEST 2010

Hi Matthias,

On Wednesday 27 October 2010 08:55:42 Matthias Dunda wrote:
> unfortunately I have to push this message, as I received no comment on it,
> yet.
>
> Is there a reason why the immap_t is not implemented for mpc85xx?
>
> I tried to copy it from mpc8360 but there are so many dependent mpc83xx
> datatypes in that struct that I postponed the work on that, because I
> think it'll lead to no success...
>
> Even trying to use the soft SPI fails, because first thing the code does is
> using that immap_t datatype... :-(
>
> Does anyone have a comment on this?

I took a quick glance at this. There are different versions of SPI controllers
in the MPC8xxx SoC's. As it seems mpc8xxx_spi.c does "only" support the "CPU-
mode" (meaning non-CPM/QE-mode) Freescale SPI controllers. This controller is
implemented for example in the MPC8349. For your SoC (MPC8568) you need to
implement the QE-mode which is currently not supported.

Cheers,
Stefan

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-0 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: office at denx.de