[U-Boot] arm, omap3, beagle: initial stack pointer setup

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Oct 27 14:29:18 CEST 2010

Dear Steve Sakoman,

In message <1288181563.2342.98.camel at quadra> you wrote:

> > Why that? From the current settings I would expect something like
> >
> > 	CONFIG_SYS_INIT_RAM_ADDR	0x4020f800
> > 	CONFIG_SYS_INIT_RAM_SIZE	0x800
> >
> > I see no reason to substract the top 16 bytes?
>
> Agreed.  I saw this issue last night, but didn't have enough time to
> prepare a fix.

Um... on PowerPC, we need to initialize the stack with a final stack
frame (on PPC 2 x 32 bit zero) so that stack backtraces terminate
cleanly.  Eventually the reserved space was intended for similar
purposes, but if so, I cannot see that from the code.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The first thing we do is kill all the lawyers.
(Shakespeare. II Henry VI, Act IV, scene ii)