[U-Boot] Mail list threading problem or mailer problem?

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Wed Oct 27 14:59:28 CEST 2010

Hi Shawn,

> Let's look at this example.  Here is what I see on
> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2010-October/thread.html.

[...]

> Is this some problem with u-boot mail list threading itself or the gmail mailer?

This is a _feature_ of the pipermail component of GNU mailman.  It
intentionally limits the indentation depth to 4 in order to keep the
html pages readable.  Researching somewhat I found that this is
intentionally not a user-chageable option and at least one guy reported
problems on changing it[1], so I prefer to keep the setting as is ;)

Cheers
  Detlev

[1] http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2009-March/065473.html

--
A change in language can transform our appreciation of the cosmos
                       -- Benjamin Lee Whorf