[U-Boot] SPI on PPC MPC85xx

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Wed Oct 27 21:13:34 CEST 2010

On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 08:55:42 +0200
Matthias Dunda <user254 at t1817.greatnet.de> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> unfortunately I have to push this message, as I received no comment on it, yet.
>
> Is there a reason why the immap_t is not implemented for mpc85xx?

immap_t gets to be a mess of ifdefs when you're trying to support a
bunch of different chips with slight differences, not to mention having
to manage all the reserved regions with obscure size values to keep
everything in the right spot (versus a simple offset of the start of a
register block that can be easily compared to the manual).

-Scott