[U-Boot] Kernel OOPS on memcpy - bad memory setup?

Kristoffer Ericson kristoffer.ericson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 21:07:14 CEST 2010

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 12:04:56AM +0200, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Kristoffer Ericson,
>
> In message <20101027214641.GC892 at boggieman.bredbandsbolaget.se> you wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > Getting an kernel oops after running an package manager (ipkg). Not seeing it anywhere
> > else, but dont have any large binaries (busybox).
> >
> > So, I assume I have made some memory error in u-boot?
>
> No. U-Boot is long dead and gone when Linux boots.

Is that true even if I were to setup the memory registers incorrect?
I thought that linux pretty much expected the bootloader
to setup everything regarding the memory settings?

Oh, and IF I configured the memory incorrect, I should be able
to see somekind of fault when doing a memtest in u-boot, correct?
Or atleast that the write != read values?
And if I dont see that, then its linux kernel problem?