[U-Boot] Most ARM CPU's have buggy clear_bss?

Alexander Holler holler at ahsoftware.de
Fri Oct 29 10:50:56 CEST 2010

Hello again,

I'm leaving the problem description below, what fixed it all here was to
add -fPIC to the CFLAGS to instruct the compiler to generate relocatable
code (again).

This flag was replaced in commit 92d5ecba47feb9961c3b7525e947866c5f0d2de5

with -pie in LDFLAGS, which I don't understand (does not mean I have
much experience how the compiler and linker are working in regard to
relocatable code).

Regards,

Alexander