[U-Boot] arm: wrong Relocation and not cleared BSS

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Sun Oct 31 13:21:14 CET 2010

Le 31/10/2010 12:58, Wolfgang Denk a écrit :
> Dear Alexander Holler,
>
> In message<4CCD4C1C.2050603 at ahsoftware.de>  you wrote:
>>
>>> Zeroing of the BSS is a mandatory requirement.
>>

>> Beeing curious, I've looked up that part in the C99 standard. Just to=20
>> refresh our memories:
>>
>> -------------------------------------
>> 6.7.8
>>
>> 10
>>
>> If an object that has automatic storage duration is not initialized
>> explicitly, its value is
>
> Wrong section.  We are not talking about variables with "automatic
> storage" (which means they are allocated on the stack), but about
> _static_ variables.

Actually I think this is the right section (and the only one to deal
with initialization IIUC); is has indeed this one sentence about
automatic objects, but then the following is about static objects:

"[...] If an object that has static storage duration is not initialized
explicitly, then: [...]"

> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk

Amicalement,