[U-Boot] [RFC] arm926ejs: fix linker file for newer ld support

Alexander Holler holler at ahsoftware.de
Sun Oct 31 19:38:05 CET 2010

Am 31.10.2010 19:12, schrieb Wolfgang Denk:
> Dear Albert Aribaud,
>
> In message<1288547025-16877-1-git-send-email-albert.aribaud at free.fr>  you wrote:
>> This is an RFC so far. I'd like people who have issues with newer linkers to test this patch.
>>
>> It is intended for arm926ejs, so you might have to 'port' it to your own ARM architecture.
>>
>> It has been roughly tested with ELDK 4.2 and CodeSourcery arm-2010q1-202; both seem to run rather properly (no NAND issue at startup, 'help' and commands seem to be there).
>>
>> Amicalement,
>
> Doesn;t work for me on TX25 - with the CS tool chain, the board will
> still freeze after printing "DRAM:  32 MiB", i. e. during or after
> relocation.

For the records: I'm using binutils 2.20.1 here and just booted a Linux
from usb using the current HEAD of u-boot and the patch for the linker
script compiled with gcc 4.5.2 on a kirkwood (which has an arm926ejs
cpu). No problems with NAND, and my relocation-test-patch doesn't
printed a warning. I've compiled u-boot with gcc 4.3.4 (and binutils
2.20.1) too, works too.

So I'm very happy currently. ;)

Wolfgang: using find, I've found another linker script which might
affect you: nand_spl/board/karo/tx25/u-boot.lds. Maybe thats your
problem and needs a fix too.

Regards,

Alexander