[U-Boot] AT91: Hitachi LCD problem

Chris Isbell chris.isbell at cdsrail.com
Wed Sep 1 09:31:26 CEST 2010

Hello,

Our system is based on the AT91SAM9263 and has a Hitachi LCD screen in
portrait mode. The U-Boot splash screen is not displaying correctly. The
left hand half is correct, but the right hand half either flickers or
breaks up completely into a pattern of vertical lines. The whole screen
works correctly under Linux.

The screen configuration appears to match other U-Boot configurations
for this hardware.

U-Boot - our board:

vidinfo_t panel_info = {
	vl_col:		240,
	vl_row:		320,
	vl_clk:		4965000,
	vl_sync:	ATMEL_LCDC_INVLINE_INVERTED |
			ATMEL_LCDC_INVFRAME_INVERTED,
	vl_bpix:	3,
	vl_tft:		1,
	vl_hsync_len:	5,
	vl_left_margin:	10,
	vl_right_margin:33,
	vl_vsync_len:	1,
	vl_upper_margin:8,
	vl_lower_margin:0,
	mmio:		AT91SAM9263_LCDC_BASE,
};

U_Boot board-at91sam9263ek:

vidinfo_t panel_info = {
	vl_col:		240,
	vl_row:		320,
	vl_clk:		4965000,
	vl_sync:	ATMEL_LCDC_INVLINE_INVERTED |
			ATMEL_LCDC_INVFRAME_INVERTED,
	vl_bpix:	3,
	vl_tft:		1,
	vl_hsync_len:	5,
	vl_left_margin:	1,
	vl_right_margin:33,
	vl_vsync_len:	1,
	vl_upper_margin:1,
	vl_lower_margin:0,
	mmio:		AT91SAM9263_LCDC_BASE,
};

Linux - our hardware:

/* Hitachi TX07D9VM1CAB - 2.4", 320x240 */
static struct fb_videomode at91_tft_vga_modes[] = {
	{
		.name		= "TX07D9VM1CAB @ 60",
		.refresh	= 60,
		.xres		= 240,
		.yres		= 320,
		.pixclock	= KHZ2PICOS(4965),
		.left_margin	= 10,
		.right_margin	= 0,
		.upper_margin	= 8,
		.lower_margin	= 0,
		.hsync_len	= 5,
		.vsync_len	= 1,
		.sync		= FB_SYNC_HOR_HIGH_ACT |
                                  FB_SYNC_VERT_HIGH_ACT,
		.vmode		= FB_VMODE_NONINTERLACED,
	},
};

Changing the settings for our board to be exactly the same as
board-at91sam9263ek does not resolve the problem.

Any clues as to where else to look would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Chris Isbell
Systems Integration Manager, CDSRail