[U-Boot] Hi

Vaishali Dhakate vaishali.dhakate at sukrutsystems.com
Tue Sep 7 15:01:45 CEST 2010

Hi , I am new to Linux crosscompilation ...u-boot and Porting Linux .
I plan to do this for Hawk board.
currently I am reading hapazardously..
http://elinux.org/Hawkboard Mainly from this source.tried to follow
these , alright ... still want to make sure I have the fundamentals in
place before I begin my work.Also want to do my work in a planned and
timely manner .less of timewaste reading through things and not
understanding becoz the fundamentals are not present.
This is how far I have covered till now ... going through the u-boot
compilation and understanding boot process as a general topic , trying
to understand Bootloader role , went through u-boot readme and the
Presentation Document on U-boot.

http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/UBootdoc/Presentation .

did some topics like initramdisk and ramdisk ..as I didnt know these.
have knowledge of ARM but not very strong.
Have to finally port on ARM the Linux image probably Android on the hawkboard.
Plan to go through the DLUG Manual .
and Need to study ARM 9ejs and Hawkboard and peripherals in Detail
also the drivers for these...maybe even undetsand how much of the
Linux and the code of Linux as an overview of how mch of this kernel
gets finally on the hawkboard.

Any helpful suggesstions for planning my work.Also wht topics do I
seem to have missed out . which is the quicked and efficeint way to do
my work in short time.

Thanks and Regards
Vaishali