[U-Boot] USB and FAT

Dennis Kerrisk dennis at psaudio.com
Tue Sep 7 16:38:53 CEST 2010

Hi,
                I have a problem that I am trying to solve with U-boot. What I have is a Ubicom processor with 128 MB of ram, and USB. What I need to do is load a 12 MB file into ram, and then program the flash with it. This version of u-boot was supplied by Ubicom for their chip. Every time I try to load the file into ram from a FAT formatted USB drive, no matter what the starting address, u-boot crashes.
What I need to know is this even possible? Has anyone else had this problem? Should I attempt to try the latest version of u-boot? Ubicom has been no help at all.

Dennis Kerrisk | Senior Linux Firmware Engineer  |   PS Audio
4826 Sterling Drive, Boulder, CO 80301
Ph 720-406-8946 x123
www.psaudio.com<http://www.psaudio.com>
dennis at psaudio.com<mailto:jim at psaudio.com>