[U-Boot] network question

Dennis Kerrisk dennis at psaudio.com
Wed Sep 8 00:12:42 CEST 2010

                I am using a Ubicom processor with 128 MB of ram, and a network interface and a USB port.
 The issue I have is if I have u-boot enabled then 99% of the time the network will not work in linux.
 I know this is probably a Ubicom driver issue, and they do not have the time to resolve the problem.
So what I want to do is to completely disable the network in u-boot so I don't have this problem.

                My question is what changes do I need to make in my configuration .h file to accomplish this. The
Only configuration options I see are
/*
 * Ethernet configuration
 */
#define CONFIG_PHY_ADDR                      0x00
#define CONFIG_ENV_OVERWRITE        1              /* allow overwriting of ethaddr */

So do I just undefined CONFIG_PHY_ADDR? Will this be enough?

Dennis Kerrisk | Senior Linux Firmware Engineer  |   PS Audio
4826 Sterling Drive, Boulder, CO 80301
Ph 720-406-8946 x123
www.psaudio.com<http://www.psaudio.com>
dennis at psaudio.com<mailto:jim at psaudio.com>