[U-Boot] zImage on ARM

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Sep 8 22:43:48 CEST 2010

Dear Scott Wood,

In message <20100908153455.527fcd70 at schlenkerla.am.freescale.net> you wrote:

> > > Whereas they'd say why can't U-Boot accept a simple binary, and just
> > > run it in place without copying, like any other loader can?
> >
> > U-Boot can do that. Use the "go" command.
>
> Will things like the device tree get passed just as if the bootm
> command were used?

No, of course not.  You asked about starting "a simple binary".

I warned you that you might lose some nice features...

But then - which other popular ARM boot loader supports passing a
device tree?  Or which other popular embedded boot loader?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.