[U-Boot] 83xx fails to boot with moderately sized kernels

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Sep 10 20:51:41 CEST 2010

Dear "Ira W. Snyder",

In message <20100910181022.GA18510 at ovro.caltech.edu> you wrote:

> Would you prefer a patch only for the MPC8349EMDS, or should I try and
> convert the other boards too? How should I know which boards are safe?
> Grep for CONFIG_E300?

I think we should try and update all boards where this applies. I'm
not sure, but my wild guess is that this means all processors except
40x and 8xx (probably 5xx as well, but AFAICT there is no Linux
available for these anyway, so it does not matter).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Those who do not  understand  Unix  are  condemned  to  reinvent  it,
poorly.              - Henry Spencer, University of Toronto Unix hack