[U-Boot] Multiple binaries built through u-boot source

Vaibhav Bedia vaibhav.bedia at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 16:22:13 CEST 2010

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 7:03 PM, V, Aneesh <aneesh at ti.com> wrote:

> Hi,

Hi,

On TI's OMAP based devices there is a minimal bootloader called as xloader
based on U-Boot. It which takes care of initializing the RAM and loads the
U-Boot binary built from the denx tree.

The directory structure,

ONENAND_spl does seem to based on xloader from the info by the author in the
source code.

Although it is possible to achieve significant size reduction by making
minimal changes to the U-Boot code, problems come in when we have to
selectively include some features and not make use of the whole framework
due to the size limitation of the initial program loader.

Since the directory structure, the build system and flow of xloader is
similar to U-Boot.. how about leveraging this for making the spl generic?

If linking against the various drivers directly instead of using the whole
framework is fine then we could have a common source for both the initial
loader and full fledged U-Boot.

--
Regards,
Vaibhav