[U-Boot] AT91: problems master vs. next

Reinhard Meyer u-boot at emk-elektronik.de
Tue Sep 21 16:36:47 CEST 2010

Reinhard Meyer schrieb:
> Therefore I strongly suggest that all extras (PIC) needed solely for relocation
> should be switchable OFF by a configuration option. Who does need that
> relocation in the first place? For years ARM did work without it; why now
> blowing up the code?

Sorry, to be precise: the option CONFIG_SYS_ARM_WITHOUT_RELOC should stay as a
permanent feature.

However, when I compile with that option defined in my board-config.h I get the
following warnings for EVERY file:

/home/reinhard/embedded/u-boot/include/configs/top9000_9xe.h:74:1: warning: "CONFIG_SYS_ARM_WITHOUT_RELOC" redefined
<command-line>: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
In file included from /home/reinhard/embedded/u-boot/include/config.h:4,
                 from /home/reinhard/embedded/u-boot/include/common.h:37,
                 from stmicro.c:30:

because of that recursion:
+ifdef CONFIG_SYS_ARM_WITHOUT_RELOC
+PLATFORM_CPPFLAGS += -DCONFIG_SYS_ARM_WITHOUT_RELOC
+endif

The code size changes from 223592 to 229792 which is more acceptable, but
I still does crash (I will look into that soon).

Reinhard