[U-Boot] u-boot on dockstar problem - ** Bad partition 1 **

devzero at web.de devzero at web.de
Wed Sep 22 18:03:55 CEST 2010

Hello,

--snip--

>Please stay and report your findings.

thanks!

--snip--

>> Anyway,the patch at http://jeff.doozan.com/debian/uboot/uboot.mtd3.patch
>> does not seem to poke into the u-boot usb code, so i wonder if the changes
>> can be source of the problem.
>
>Probably not, but it is good to know what exact configuration you test
>with.  As I said, this is a pre-requisite to interpreting the results of
>your tests.
>
>However I have to warn you that not many people here on this mailing
>list have the time to interpret results for non-mainline code.

i don`t expect that this is being done, but using non mainline code does not
always mean that the problem is not in mainline.  The problem with this is, that
i cannot use mainline to test how it behaves there....

>> I have seen posts from sheevaplug users which report similar issue,
>> and as it seems, official support for sheevaplug is already in
>> u-boot. Maybe there is a way to add official support for pogoplug and
>> dockstar, as this out-of-tree stuff sucks big....
>
>Of course there is a possibility - simply post the patches on the
>mailing list.  They _have to go_ through the regular peer review process
>which usually fixes bugs and improves quality.  Please ask the initial
>authors of the version you use to do this.  If they do not want to do
>this, someone else (even you) can at least start to post the patches
>here so they can be reviewed.

Apparently, it`s on the way (learnt that today), so maybe this needs just
one or two more rounds to go trough. It seems it was not sent by the original
author.

see
http://forum.doozan.com/read.php?3,435,1063#msg-1063
and especially
http://forum.doozan.com/read.php?3,881,901#msg-901
http://forum.doozan.com/read.php?3,881,978#msg-978

(just wondering, why i did not find that via google and gmane search on the
u-boot mailing list archive - i searched for dockstar and for freeagent , but got
no hits!)

regards
Roland