[U-Boot] Coldfire Architecture and SELF

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Sep 24 14:45:22 CEST 2010

Dear "SANCHEZ VITORICA, GUILLERMO",

In message <3694E0885CB1D844AAF54F75DBDC255831AC58 at MAIL1.usr.corp.gamesa.es> you wrote:

> I wanted to develop a personalized U-Boot to my MCF54455 Coldfire V4
> microcontroller.

You are welcome.

> I got the sources from DENX FTP server and now I wanted to get the SELF
> but I don't really know wich one should I download. Maybe someone could
> push me in the right direction?. Thanks.

What exactly do you mean by "SELF" in this context?

To me, "SELF" means "Simple Embedded Linux Framwork", which is the
name for a small root file system for embedded Linux targets; as such,
it is completely unrelated to U-Boot, so I fail to understand what you
might be looking for.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"There are three principal ways to lose money: wine, women,  and  en-
gineers.  While  the first two are more pleasant, the third is by far
the more certain."                      -- Baron Rothschild, ca. 1800