[U-Boot] u-boot vs. Cavium 5010 pci init

Andreas Bießmann andreas.devel at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 26 08:53:15 CEST 2010

Dear sywang,

Am 26.09.2010 um 02:21 schrieb sywang:

> Hello, everyone,
>
> Do you know what bugs or problems there are on u-boot with Cavium CN5010 PCI
> init?

The problem is that the whole cavium code is proprietary. They develop their cvmx code completely out of tree and link the code at file basis into a specific tree with more proprietary changes. Since this code is completely unknown to the community the community can not help you solving SW issues. Therefor go and ask cavium for support.
On the other hand you may ask cavium to push their proprietary code upstream. Then it would be possible (some day) to solve those issues within the community.
The third chance is to take your documentation, the current code and current u-boot tree and begin to implement open source support for your device.

> Now I have the following on the board with Cavium CN5010. The board
> will hang when PCI init with the U-boot. Any suggestions are welcome. How to
> identify if the issue's cause is HW or SW?

If you have started building your own u-boot for a working device/board then I guess it is a SW issue (missing support in mainline). If you have received a _not_ working device/board it may be HW related ...

regards

Andreas Bießmann