[U-Boot] How to do pci_init in flash

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Sep 27 09:27:27 CEST 2010

Dear "sywang",

In message <20100927020635.0547228176 at theia.denx.de> you wrote:

> I want to do pci configuration in the function 'board_init_f'.  How to do
> this?

Why would you want to do that? Why cannot you wait until U-Boot has
relocateditself to RAM so you have full access to all resources?

> Could I call the function "pci_init" in the function 'board_init_f' or add
> the function "pci_init" into the function array " init_sequence "?

This might be difficult, as you still have a very limted runtime
environment only, with just a minimal stack, without writable data,
without valid BSS.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of
play.
	-- Kirk, "Shore Leave", stardate 3025.8