[U-Boot] U-boot hangs

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Sep 28 06:35:44 CEST 2010

Dear Stefan Roese,

In message <201009280617.00377.sr at denx.de> you wrote:
> Hi Jacob,
>
> On Tuesday 28 September 2010 02:55:01 Gorelik, Jacob (335F) wrote:
> > I am trying to boot linux on a PPC440GP based board; however, u-boot hangs
> > after decompressing the kernel. I checked the __log_buf, and I see a
> > message saying that the interrupt is not syncing and a message saying that
> >  there is a BUG_ON uic_get_irq (BUG_ON(! primary_uic)). It seems like the
> > function uic_init_tree() is not getting called. I, also, see do_IRQ ()
> > function getting called. Is the problem in the device tree?
>
> Could be. Hard to tell with so little information. Please post the complete
> log (_log_buf). And how did you create the device-tree? Please post at least
> the UIC part of it as well.

But please do not post this here, as thisis a Linux problem, not a
U-Boot one, so it's off topic here.

Please take this to a Linux mailing list.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
This cultural mystique surrounding the  biological  function  --  you
realize humans are overly preoccupied with the subject.
	-- Kelinda the Kelvan, "By Any Other Name", stardate 4658.9