[U-Boot] ARM relocation, probably trivial mistake

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Thu Sep 30 16:08:21 CEST 2010

Reinhard Meyer wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Reinhard,

> int dram_init(void)
> {
> 	gd->ram_size =
> 		get_ram_size((void*)PHYS_SDRAM, PHYS_SDRAM_MAX_SIZE);
> 	return 0;
> }
>
> void dram_init_banksize(void)
> {
> 	gd->bd->bi_dram[0].start = PHYS_SDRAM;
> 	gd->bd->bi_dram[0].size =
> 		get_ram_size((void*)PHYS_SDRAM, PHYS_SDRAM_MAX_SIZE);
> }

Do we need both functions ?. I do not add dram_init_banksize() because I
have as you only one bank, and the linker does not complain. However,
which dram_init_banksize is linked in your image ? Yours or the function
defined in arch/arm/lib/board.c ?

> I do probably have a simple misunderstanding of the concept.
>
> 1. should CONFIG_SKIP_RELOCATE_UBOOT be not defined anymore?

I had the same issue because I forget to remove it from my config file.
After dropping it, I got the u-boot prompt again ;-)

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de