[U-Boot] ARM relocation, probably trivial mistake

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Sep 30 19:43:08 CEST 2010

Dear Heiko Schocher,

In message <4CA4AEFF.3050101 at denx.de> you wrote:

> > 1. should CONFIG_SKIP_RELOCATE_UBOOT be not defined anymore?
>
> If TEXT_BASE == relocation address it could be defined,
> never tested.

We should point out that this is only intended (and allowed) for
boards where U-Boot gets loaded into RAM by some other means (like a
first stage boot loader, say when booting from NAND or SDCard).

When booting from NOR or some other persistent memory TEXT_BASE will
point to that address range, and then it is obviously impossible to
use the same value as relocation address.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A man is not complete until he is married -- then he is finished.