[U-Boot] Console bring up on WR linux kernel on mpc8247 board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Aug 3 15:10:45 CEST 2011

Dear smitha.vanga at wipro.com,

In message <07ACDFB8ECA8EF47863A613BC01BBB220344DD3F at HYD-MKD-MBX02.wipro.com> you wrote:

> I am trying to bring up WR linux 2.6.38.2 on a custom target board based
> on mpc8247, We are using SCC1 for the serial console. Have initialized
> the scc node in the dts as below. Had set the bootargs as setenv
> bootargs mem=64M console=ttyCPM,9600n8 root=/dev/ram rw.
> My serial console doesn't come up. Can you give any pointers to this
> would be of great help. I am stuck here and there is a project release.
> Below are the kernel logs I get for the Serial from the __log_buf.

This has nothing to do with U-Boot, so you are off topic here.

But before reposting the same question on a Linux related mailing
list, please make sure to check your boot arguments.  I huess your
console device is not /dev/ttyCPM, but /dev/ttyCPM0 or /dev/ttyCPM1 or
similar.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
It may be bad manners to talk with your mouth full, but it isn't  too
good either if you speak when your head is empty.