[U-Boot] Need Help on *** Warning - bad CRC, using default environmen​t

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Aug 4 13:31:36 CEST 2011

Dear Bala Ss,

In message <CADzqVQ3J_0dfH6nHFtPc_ER_b8qBbca_deokYxS5vbRSE6OKJQ at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I have got this contact from web when I actually searching for some
> solutions to get rid off the issue on "Warning - bad CRC, using default
> environment". And I have gone through the some of the mail thread.

Hm... Did you try google?

If you search for "Warning - bad CRC, using default environment"
google will show the relevant entry in our FAQ as the very first hit.

It's really quite difficult to miss that, and I kind of admire how you
manage to do that.

> Am also facing the same issue that when I hard reset the board, U-boot
> starts and stops at line as below *** Warning - bad CRC, using default
> environment. From your mail thread conversation, its almost clear that this
> is due to uninitialization env variables / non-matching CRC, hence it needs
> to be "saveenv". But now the actual problem here is am not getting the
> U-boot prompt (#) to enter uboot commands. As soon as the board hard
> rebooted it comes and hangs at the same line, so not able to enter any
> commands there.

As Albert already wrote: without any information about CPU type,
board name, origin and version of the U-Boot code you are using it is
impossible to answer this question.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
What can it profit a man to gain the whole world and to come  to  his
property with a gastric ulcer, a blown prostate, and bifocals?
                                     -- John Steinbeck, _Cannery Row_