[U-Boot] Silicon Image SATA support

Aaron Williams Aaron.Williams at cavium.com
Fri Aug 5 03:49:02 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I'm working with a Silicon Image U-Boot driver that supports the SIL3124, 3132
and related PCI/PCIe controllers.

So far I have it working with the 3132 except when I try and make use of LBA48
features. I'm not sure what is going on there and was wondering if anyone else
is interested in this driver?

I also for some reason am not able to get it to work on the 3124 PCI-X. I
can't debug the PCI problem for a couple of weeks until after we move into a
new building though. It may be some interaction with our setup.

For the LBA48 support for some reason it is not working when I try and use a
sector count greater than 255. I also have not tested with a hard drive that
exceeds the 137GB barrier yet to see if that is also broken.  Hopefully I'll
get a hold of a larger hard drive around here soon.

-Aaron