[U-Boot] testing x86 builds on the fly

Graeme Russ graeme.russ at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 12:21:21 CEST 2011

Hi Mike, Marek,

On 07/08/11 10:54, Graeme Russ wrote:
> Hi Mike, Marek,
>
> On 07/08/11 09:43, Mike Frysinger wrote:

A little more explanation...

I did once have full PIC support for x86 when loaded with SDRAM already
initialised - It would figure out were it was loaded in relation to
TEXT_BASE and perform the required adjustments during the relocation
phase). But this functionality was removed when the Cache-As-RAM
implementation was introduced.

[snip]

> Now it would be fairly trivial to add a parameter passed by the 'go'
> command which sets a flag in global data that would tell board_init_f to
> not perform SDRAM init which is on my todo list (see below)

Well I just looked at the code and the warm reset entry point sets
GD_FLG_WARM_BOOT in gd->flags so you could easily bypass SDRAM
initialisation by doing a test in the arch specific dram_init_f()

int dram_init_f(void)
{
	if (gd->flags | GD_FLG_WARM_BOOT)
		return 0;