[U-Boot] 4-bit ECC (BCH) support for NAND

Hitz, Christian christian.hitz at aizo.com
Tue Aug 9 11:41:25 CEST 2011

Hi,

we are looking to change the NAND flash part on our custom board
(AT91SAM9G20-EK based). The new part requires at least a 4-bit ECC
algorithm (e.g. BCH). As our processor has no hardware ECC
capabilities the ECC has to be calculated in software.

The Linux kernel has support for BCH ECC since 2.6.39. Has U-Boot
support for this kind of ECC algorithm? E.g. Could we use U-Boot to
write a kernel and rootfs with matching ECC into the flash?

Regards,
Christian

--
Christian Hitz