[U-Boot] y-modem protocol issue

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Tue Aug 9 14:03:39 CEST 2011

On 08/09/2011 12:40 PM, Angelo Dureghello wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi Angelo,

> just to inform, seems xyzModem is not following the protocol spec of YModem:
>
> YMODEM Batch Transmission Session (1 file)
>
> SENDER                                      RECEIVER
>                                         <-- C (command:rb)
> SOH 00 FF foo.c NUL[123] CRC CRC        -->
>                                         <-- ACK
>                                         <-- C
> SOH 01 FE Data[128] CRC CRC             -->
>                                         <-- ACK
> SOH 02 FC Data[128] CRC CRC             -->
>                                         <-- ACK
> SOH 03 FB Data[100] CPMEOF[28] CRC CRC  -->
>                                         <-- ACK
> EOT                                     -->
>                                         <-- NAK
> EOT                                     -->
>                                         <-- ACK
>                                         <-- C
> SOH 00 FF NUL[128] CRC CRC              -->
>                                         <-- ACK
>

> After first EOT u-boot send an ACK, not correct.
> Same behavior using SOH or STX.

"+ At the end of each file, the sending program shall send EOT up to ten
         times until it receives an ACK character.  (This is part of the
         XMODEM spec.)"

Why is u-boot not allowed to send an ACK ? I do not see this behavior on
the protocol. Apart of that, which wrong behavior do you see on your
target ? Can you transfer a file to your board ?

I have tested, no issue found:

loady
## Ready for binary (ymodem) download to 0x90800000 at 115200 bps...

C## Total Size      = 0x0003c418 = 246808 Bytes

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de