[U-Boot] relocation problem

Cajus Hahn cajus.hahn at de.abb.com
Sun Aug 14 21:04:55 CEST 2011

Dear Reinhard,

finally I found the relocation problem.

> Make sure that at91bootstrap loads the full u-boot image (u-boot
> became larger quite a bit due to relocation and other changes).

That was the solution!

I left the old at91bootstrap from in-circuit on the board. This one only
copies 256k from NOR flash to RAM,
but the actual u-boot is 350k long.  Besides that I fixed all the issues
you pointed out.

Now I can see the menu from u-boot, but I spent the whole weekend
searching for the problems with the I/O.
- Ethernet won't work  (TX timeout)
- SSD card access freezes u-boot (seems to be a timing issue as adding
#DEBUG to the driver will make some commands work a little more)
- USB (which I do not really need, except if SSD card is not working)
device is detected, but cannot be accessed.
- The LCD display works great (I can see the denx logo and more) which
hasn't done in the original u-boot from in-circuit

I think I will start a separate thread for reach issue, after some more
searching.
Thank You again!

Best Regards
Cajus