[U-Boot] [STATUS] u-boot-arm/master branch complete wrt merge window?

V, Aneesh aneesh at ti.com
Mon Aug 15 09:22:29 CEST 2011

Hi Albert,

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 11:39 PM, Albert ARIBAUD
<albert.u.boot at aribaud.net> wrote:
> Hi Aneesh,
>
> Le 12/08/2011 16:06, Aneesh V a écrit :
>>
>> Hi Albert,
>>
>> On Friday 12 August 2011 06:53 PM, Albert ARIBAUD wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I *think* I've finished getting in all patches that should have gone in
>>> from the merge window, and also bugfixes.
>>>
>>> However, I seem to remember a mail asking me to consider some patches
>>> I'd missed, but I could not find this mail in any of my folders to save
>>> my life. :(
>>
>> Maybe, that was me. I had sent you a mail yesterday requesting to pull
>> the following:
>>
>> 1. http://marc.info/?l=u-boot&m=131307370323792&w=2
>
> Formally, of these four patches initially submitted on aug 1st, after the
> merge window close,
>
>  arm: do not force d-cache enable on all boards
>  omap: enable caches at system start-up
>  armv7: stronger barrier for cache-maintenance operations
>  armv7: cache: remove flush on un-aligned invalidate
>
> ... the second is not a fix and shall be applied on next, then moved to
> master after the september release.

That'll end up in a regression for OMAP. Caches were enabled in OMAP without any
issues. This series was done to save trouble for other boards. In the process
OMAP will end up losing the cache support temporarily unless patch 2/4 is taken.

>> 2. http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/107678/
>> 3. http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/108865/
>
> Those are fixes, so they'll go in.
>
>> In addition, I have this series for consideration:
>> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/105329
>> But this one was submitted after the merge window closed and is not
>> that critical.
>
> Is
>
>  omap4: make SDRAM init work for ES1.0 silicon
>
> to be considered a fix, and can it be applied alone? If yes to both
> questions, then I might take it in for master. The rest would go to next.

Yes, that's a bug fix and can be applied alone.

best regards,
Aneesh